For Immediate Release
Contact: Mary Ann Kreitzer
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (540) 459-9493
Arrivederci, Archbishop Burke
(June 28, 2008) — In a letter to Archbishop Raymond Burke, members of the Catholic Media Coalition expressed their deep gratitude and best wishes to a cleric they called, “A bishop after God’s own heart.” The long-rumored appointment of Archbishop Burke as Prefect of the Apostolic Signatura, the highest ecclesial court, came on June 27th, the feast of St. Cyril of Alexandria. Mary Ann Kreitzer, CMC president, commented that, “It was a particularly appropriate day to announce Archbishop Burke’s appointment. St. Cyril battled the Nestorian heresy that denied the divinity of Christ. “That heresy thrives in our modern culture,” Kreitzer said. “Many Catholics no longer believe in the divinity of Christ because of the bishops’ failure to teach and anti-Catholic works like the DaVinci Code. Against that sad background, Archbishop Burke stands out as a champion of Catholic doctrine, a clear and articulate defender of the faith.” CMC expressed particular appreciation to Archbishop Burke for his great courage and witness for:
- Publicly defending the Holy Eucharist: In 2004 Archbishop Burke said he would deny Holy Communion to Senator John Kerry and other Catholic politicians who support abortion. He also admonished pro-abortion Catholics in the pew to refrain from receiving Communion.
- Resigning as Chairman of the board of Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital Foundation when they refused to disinvite radical pro-abortion singer Sheryl Crow to head up a benefit concert.
- Confronting the scandal of Coach Rick Majerus publicly supporting abortion and embryonic stem cell research.
- For excommunicating Rose Hudson, Elsie McGrath, and fake bishop Patricia Fresen for an act of schism in attempting the ordination of the two women.
- Advancing the Institute of Christ the King to restore the Traditional Latin Mass and promoting solid vocations to the priesthood.
- Fostering the Marian Catechist Movement founded by Fr. John Hardon to teach the authentic Catholic faith based on fidelity to the pope and the doctrine of the Church.
“We are grateful, “ Kreitzer said, “for having such a faithful apostle in the United States. Not only has Archbishop Burke given us hope, he has given us an example of how to speak the truth in love. We are confident that in his new role we will see greater justice especially to priests punished and silenced for their orthodoxy. Arrivederci, Archbishop Burke, we love you.”
CMC is an organization of Catholic writers, webmasters, editors, and others engaged in producing media for and about the Catholic Church. Its members live and work throughout the United States, and represent different approved Catholic Rites. They invite all practicing Catholic members of the media who are loyal to the Magisterium and to Church teaching to join CMC, whose mission is to "report truthfully about the Catholic Church and to defend, foster, and spread authentic Catholic faith and culture." CMC's Web site is www.catholicmediacoalition.org
CMC's letter to Archbishop Raymond Burke is as follows:
June 28, 2008
Archbishop Raymond Burke, Archbishop of St. Louis
The members of the Catholic Media Coalition wish to express our heartfelt gratitude for your faithful service to the Church in the United States. There are many troubling situations that have injured the faith and trust of Catholics in this country. We particularly regret the failure of so many bishops to vigorously defend the teachings of the Church which contributed to the sex abuse scandals and to other major and ongoing problems.
We wish to especially acknowledge your courage in publicly defending the Holy Eucharist from sacrilege, for resigning as Chairman of the Board of the Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital Foundation, for excommunicating the women who invalidly attempted female ordination, and for confronting the public scandal of Coach Rick Majerus’ outrageous statements. But even more than these, we thank you for advancing the Institute of Christ the King, developing vocations, and fostering the authentic Catholic faith through the Marian Catechist Movement.
Be assured of our continued prayers as you begin your new work as Prefect of the Apostolic Signatura. Arrivederci, Archbishop Burke.
Sincerely in Christ,
Mary Ann Kreitzer
President, Catholic Media Coalition
"The first law of history is not to dare to utter falsehood; the second, not to fear to speak the truth." ~ Pope Leo XIII
Catholic Media Coalition members endorsing the letter as co-signers are:
Carolyn Wendell, VOCAL (Voices of Catholics Advocating Life), http://vocalnews.org
- Jack Ames, Defend Life, Baltimore, MD, www.defendlife.org
- Janet Baker, Faithful Catholics of MD/DC, www.restore-dc-catholicism.com
- Stephanie Block, Catholic Author, Albuquerque, NM, Athanasius@aol.com
- Jean Charles, Defender of the Magisterium Vermont, www.dotmvt.org
- Kenneth Fisher, Chairman, Concerned Roman Catholics of America, Anaheim, CA www.crcoa.com
- James Fritz, Defenders of the Faith, Inc., Berkeley Springs, WV www.thedefender.org/contact.html
- Camille Giglio, California Right to Life Advocates, callifeadvocates.org/blog
- Alice Grayson, Veil of Innocence, West Falmouth, MA, www.veilofinnocence.org/index.html
- Nancy Kokstis SFO, the Shepherds Warrior, Prentice, WI, kokstis @pctcnet.net
- Mary Ann Kreitzer, Les Femmes, Woodstock, VA, www.lesfemmes-thetruth.org
- Valerie Lubitz, President, Los Pequeños de Cristo, Albuquerque, NM, www.lospequenos.org
- Donna Marek, Catholic activist, Ogdensburg, NY
- Karl Maurer, Director, Catholic Citizens of Illinois, www.catholiccitizens.org
- Patricia McKeever, Catholic Truth Scotland, http://www.catholictruthscotland.com/index.html
- Kathy Parker, Brothers and Sisters at the Cross, Birmingham, Alabama
- Sheila Parkhill, The Holy Family Society of Tucson
- The Orlando Truth, email@example.com
- Vivian Ripton, Call to Holiness, St. Michael the Archangel Chapel
- Allyson Smith, Catholic Author, San Diego, CA, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Georgene M. Sorenson, Romans in the Desert, email@example.com
- Donna Steichen, Catholic Author, Ojai, CA firstname.lastname@example.org